Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) appointed us to provide an extended print service under lot 2 of the framework agreement.
THE KONICA MINOLTA APPROACH
The consultation process looks to determine how best to manage BPL's document services. In the initial phase, our industry specialists assessed where improvements could be made.
The team provided expertise that covered:
- Capture - Providing complete and precise data about specific document flows, individual needs and service level demands.
- Analyse - Using tools and methods to detect the strengths and weaknesses of the existing environment.
Our analysis also covered environmental impacts including electricity, toner use and CO2 emissions.
This detailed analysis enabled BPL to benefit from a series of initiatives including:
- the installation of 62 networked MFDs - less than half their previous fleet.
- saving around £50,000 per year in printing costs
- reducing print volumes by 30%
We also provided tailored training for key users and internal support staff. With web-based multimedia training for permanent accessibility.
We helped establish and implement a set of ITIL best practices, designed to deliver operational excellence.
There is also continuous supervision in place to monitor device utilisation, status and alerts. With proactive monitoring, automatic technician and consumables dispatch.
“The Konica Minolta approach was different and they responded to all our requirements in a professional and structured way...They listened carefully, in contrast to other suppliers who seemed fixed on selling us what they thought we needed. Konica Minolta's solution was based on the brief - they showed a good attitude.”
Andrew Paynton, Head of IT
Bio Products Laboratory