Four key aspects of an efficient digital workplace
Depending on the nature of your business, there are four key aspects to take into account when planning an efficient digital workplace and selecting virtual collaboration tools:
- Provide secure, easy access to information for remote teams.
- Enable real-time collaboration, communication and file sharing for virtual project teams.
- Allow frontline workers to benefit from improved communication and process transformation.
- Enable contracts and other documents that require approvals to be signed electronically.
1. Ensure secure, easy access to information for remote teams
Microsoft Teams (part of Microsoft 365) is great for tasks like communication, virtual collaboration, planning and project management.
Integrating an enterprise content management solution (such as M-Files from Konica Minolta) into Microsoft Teams lets users quickly and easily retrieve documents and information from any of your repositories and business systems, without leaving the familiar Microsoft Teams interface.
2. Enable virtual teams to collaborate on document creation
Tools like M-Files or Microsoft Teams provide group members with everything they need for document co-authoring.
Virtual team members can work together on documents by sharing links to the latest version with internal and external colleagues. So collaboration no longer involves emailing drafts back and forth; and team members can bring their input without duplicating documents. Plus, you keep a full history of edits and comments.
With M-Files, you can even push documents through digital workflows for review, approval and signature.
3. Bring frontline workers on board
Frontline employees are generally closer to customers and more hands-on with critical processes than others in the business. With Microsoft 365 being easy to use on smartphones and tablets, you can help frontline workers engage more closely with the organisation and improve wider team collaboration through:
- Improved contact and online collaboration with co-workers and managers
- Real-time virtual access to information
- Digitisation of previously paper-based processes
4. Enable electronic contract signature
When signatories in finance, legal, HR or other departments are working remotely, you can make the signing of contracts and other documents more efficient with an electronic signature (e-signature) solution. This helps reduce the delays, admin overhead and potential for security
breaches that may arise when documents are circulated among signatories in hard copy or scanned and shared by email.
Bear in mind that your approach to electronic signatures needs to comply with local requirements and provide the same validity as handwritten signatures.