Resource Protection and Waste Reduction
World on Loan Consumable Recycling
We are committed to minimising our environmental impact. Our World Loan scheme was developed to provide our customers with an environmanetally sound recycling solution for Konica Minolta consumables.
Together with our partner EOS Solutions Ltd we provide a recycling service that can be tailored to your specific needs. 100% of waste is diverted from landfill, and recycling certificates can be provided as evidence of your environmental commitment. To find out more or arrange a collection please contact EOS Solutions Ltd on 01306 631 070 or email@example.com
The company has adopted measures in conformity with the EU Directive on the disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
The Eco Calculator from Konica Minolta is a web-based tool measuring how much paper is used in office printing. This lets the customer evaluate the environmental savings its printer fleet has the potential to generate. And subsequently reduce its environmental impact by changing to Konica Minolta. For further details of the Eco Calculator, click here
Konica Minolta office devices can be programmed in the ways shown below to ensure they use resources responsibly. Our customers benefit from system settings designed to reduce their environmental impact.
- Duplex. Double-sided printing and copying
- N-up. Positioning of a selected number of pages on one sheet
- Combination print & copy jobs. Combining print and copy jobs can reduce paper and energy consumption
- Print preview. Precise preview function on PC screen with XPS Print Preview Driver to prevent printing errors
- Proof print. Produces a single test page, or set of pages, to check for mistakes before printing or copying the whole job
- Blank page removal. Prevents blank pages from being printed
- Overlay function. Enables letterhead printing; if changes are made, the stored file is updated quickly and easily, avoiding large quantities of pre-printed company stationery
- Public box. Stores public documents needing to be updated frequently, allowing easy access and editing before large quantities are printed
- Personal box/Follow-me printing. Collecting print and copy jobs in the personal box avoids jobs from being printed that are not eventually picked up; follow-me printing also avoids frequent reheating cycles
- User & Cost Management. Central software that calculates print costs and notifies users of the costs incurred as a result of this particular print job using a pop-up window; this can increase user's awareness of print costs, and prevent careless or non-ecological print behaviour
Use of recycled materials in products
Currently, 88% of our office devices' outer cases contain recycle materials (PET bottles). And up to 40% of our toner bottles are made from recycled milk bottles. Konica Minolta aims to use recycled materials in all its toner production worldwide. Moving from the current figure of 25% to 100%.
Environmental-friendly paper recycling
When recycling paper, it is essential that any toner can be removed from the paper easily. The German association INGEDE e.V., (recognised across Europe), identified the Simitri® HD toner used in our production printing systems as having a very high level of 'deinkability'. This ensures that printing is not at the expense of the environment. Print professionals can contribute further to closing the paper loop and recycling, reducing water pollution.
Green Recycling Hub
As part of our goal to minimise waste, we've set up the green recycling hub to ensure effective management of waste we couldn't eliminate. This allows us to divert 100% of our head office waste from landfill. Through waste segregation and the use of technology, we maximise the recyclability of our waste. Thereby reducing our carbon footprint and reducing traffic on local roads by having fewer collections.
We've heavily invested in plant equipment. Including a polystyrene compactor reducing polystyrene collections by 91%. And turning waste that often ends up in a landfill into a saleable raw material.
We regularly review our processes and technology to continue to reduce our environmental impact. But we have achieved year on year waste reductions since 2015.