Portfields School decided to review their current printing activity throughout their site. They wanted to understand their print volume, costs, functionality and productivity.
As part of the print assessment we conducted, we identified a number of pain points and issues including:
- a mixed fleet of costly, ageing print devices
- unknown costs
- wasted prints
- a lack of control
We recommended a print management software solution, to reduce print output and paper usage by 20%. The SafeQ print management software would be embedded on all our MFD devices. Providing users with a secure printing function where they can select their print from any device on the network. Print jobs would only be released on user authentication.
Further savings have been seen in a variety of areas including:
- a reduction in electricity usage, costs and carbon footprint
- the removal of the need to purchase desktop printers and scanners
- time and resource savings
- reducing administration time spent ordering and collecting printer cartridges/consumables.
The new installation has enabled Portfields School to make savings of 42% per year. Five-year savings are projected to be in excess of £22,000.