In 2012, DCC tendered for a new print contract through the RM1599 framework. Which they awarded to us.
We helped implement a managed document print solution - DocuPRO. This would link all their devices to reduce print expenditure.
Our staff were on site to deploy this software onto all the machines, including print room equipment. And provide training to the Council. All the MFDs were embedded with software providing a 'follow-me' printing function. Allowing users to select their print job from any MFD on the network. The print job can only be released if user authenticates it using their ID card with a contactless swipe.
Some of the benefits the council expects to achieve include:
- improved speed and turn-around times
- improved print quality (mono and colour)
- a professional finish closer to what a commercial print would provide
- a more cost-effective way of working.
- the ability to move print work in-house at a lower cost and with complete control over quality and finish
"I am delighted with the cooperation and assistance that we have received from Konica Minolta. The council’s return into its state of the art refurbished building was a huge challenge for all of my team. It could not have been achieved without the excellent support that the Konica Minolta staff provided to us."
Document Management Centre Manager, Derby City Council